Integrated Campaign: Bar-S Thanks-Giving and Getting
In an effort to join in on the giving nature of the Thanksgiving season, Defero developed an integrated campaign rooted in a sweepstakes for Bar-S with the goal of increasing email subscriber growth, engaging the target demographic, and overall brand awareness.
About the Client
Over the last 37 years, Bar-S has established itself as a beloved provider of quality meat products including bacon, hot dogs, sausages, lunchmeat and more. As the only national value brand in the category, Bar-S believes that families shouldn’t have to sacrifice great taste to stay on budget.
- Grow email family
- Build brand equity through a campaignable concept
- Bolster the brand’s reputation of being community-oriented
- Drive trial to a declining product category
With Thanksgiving approaching, Defero developed the Thanks-Giving & Getting sweepstakes campaign with the primary goal of building the Bar-S email family. The winner of the sweepstakes would receive a one-year supply of Bar-S lunchmeat and another one-year supply of lunchmeat to give to someone they’re thankful for. Defero promoted the campaign to existing fans by promoting on social media and via an email deployment. To engage new consumers, Defero activated influencers and ran digital display advertising. All consumers were directed to a landing page with an entry form that required an email address to enter. After entry, consumers could engage with other Bar-S content on the Thank You page.
Aside from massive email family growth and social media engagement, the campaign also helped build overall brand equity by reminding the target audience of Bar-S’ commitment to giving back to their consumers.
This campaign included a branded landing page, paid social media, email deployment, influencer marketing, and digital display advertising.
- 18,000+ Sweepstakes Entries during the month-long campaign
- 35%+ increase in email subscribers during the month-long campaign
- Social: Garnered 36% of sweepstakes entries at an all-time-low CPC for the brand
- Email: The email portion of this campaign outperformed industry email benchmarks with email open and click-through rates as high as 24% and 12% respectively, along with 50% click to open rate
- Influencers: Outperformed guaranteed cost per engagement by 400%