Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Matching 401k benefit, 3 weeks PTO, Weekly Work-From-Home Day, Generous paid holiday schedule, Mobile phone allowance.
Education: BS in Marketing, Journalism or related field, experience in an agency or related client environment preferred.
The copywriter role is an essential part of the creative team and process at Defero. First and foremost, we are looking for a creative writer and marketer as you will assist our creative team with needed copywriting for social posts, emails, landing pages, web content, proofreading, video scripts and other needed copy that align with our client’s stated strategies and objectives. A copywriter at Defero is also a forward thinker who helps brainstorming and planning on content, campaigns and brand messaging. A copywriter is strong at adopting brand voices and writing copy along multiple brand guidelines and tones. A copywriter may also assist our media team as a social media community manager, monitoring Facebook and Instagram channels. This can include responding to inquiries or complaints as needed per guidelines established with brands the agency represents.
A quality candidate balances modesty, humility and ability to work in teams, with the knowledge that he/she is a rock star. While a copywriter may be deployed on specific tactics and executions, he/she understands the role that the tactics themselves play in the overall strategy for the client. A copywriter is the more tactical “doer” of the team, coordinating with the content marketing strategists to execute client initiatives.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to dissect messaging and respond in a client’s proper voice and terms.
- You will be a spelling and grammar guru.
- Creative thinker and marketer that brings ideas for content and messaging.
- You will need a strong functional knowledge of Facebook and Instagram.
- Your prompt follow-up to audience needs will be essential.
- You must possess strong time management skills…and understand priorities.
- Strong initiative; a self-starter who proactively seeks out improvement opportunities.
- Exude a consummate professionalism with clients, external partners and colleagues.
- Be a capable speaker in front of a group and lead conversations.
- Maintain a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture and contributes to its growth.
- Be a problem solver.
- Document time within Defero tracking systems.
- When faced with allocated time limitations always go the extra mile on client work even if this means going over on allocated time budgets.
- Digest, retain and share the latest industry news and apply it to client projects as necessary.