Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, 4+1 schedule, future upward mobility and growth path
Education: BS in Marketing, Journalism or related field, experience in an agency or related client environment preferred.
The copywriter role is an essential part of our creative team and process. We are looking for a creative writer and marketer who will provide cohesive messaging and branding across social media, email, landing pages, web content, video scripts, and more. The copywriter must be a forward thinker who plays an active role in the brainstorming and creation of campaigns and brand messaging. They will be strong at adopting brand voices, proofreading, and writing copy consistent with established brand guidelines and tones.
A quality candidate balances modesty, humility, and the ability to work in teams, with the knowledge that they are a rock star. While a copywriter may be deployed on specific tactics and executions, they should understand the role that the tactics themselves play in the overall strategy for the client. A copywriter is the more tactical “doer” of the team, coordinating with the content marketing strategist to execute client initiatives.
- Create original and compelling copy for various mediums and industries.
- Dissect messaging and write in a variety of voices and tones.
- Conceptualize and brainstorm new, fresh content and campaign ideas
- Collaborate with team of art directors, designers, paid media specialists, content strategist, account managers, and project managers.
- Digest, retain and share the latest industry news and apply it to client projects as necessary.
- Maintain a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture and contributes to its growth.
- Proofread copy to ensure work is grammatically correct and consistent with brand voice
- Present creative concepts to internal and external teams
- 2-3 years of experience in industry or related field; agency experience preferred
- BS in Marketing, BA in Journalism, English or related field
- Strong functional knowledge of various social media platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding spelling and grammar skills
- Superb time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects amid tight deadlines