Digital Media PlannerPosition: Digital Media Planner
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental, Vision, and matching 401k benefits, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, automobile allowance
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, 2+ years’ experience at an agency preferred
ABOUT OUR AGENCY:
Defero is a digital marketing agency with offices located in Phoenix and Reno. We help brands create meaningful offline and online conversations with their customers. Our current client roster includes local, regional, national and publicly traded entities across a wide spectrum of industry verticals. Each of our clients expects us to move the business needle towards their stated goals.
The Digital Media Planner will manage and execute all digital display and video campaigns for our clients. This role will keep the campaigns running successfully and making proactive recommendations to make the team look like all-stars while balancing day-to-day client communication and account management. This individual will play a vital role in negotiating buys, as well as analyzing and incorporating data to guide client strategies and to meet performance goals. This individual possesses high quality strategic and executional capabilities in the paid digital media vertical.
Additionally, this individual will play a vital role in helping to carve our company strategies both in new and existing markets. Thus, this role requires a high level of energy, ongoing education, a desire to always be the best and a natural curiosity for what’s next.
Strategically and tactically collaborate and drive all display and video digital media strategies and tactics we deploy for our clients. The key responsibility of this role is to manage all programmatic ad buys through managed service partners, as well as self-serve partners. These programmatic ad buys often involve complex layered targeting, so a full understanding of this space is essential for success. The Digital Media Planner will work in conjunction with the VP Media to make strategic forward-thinking recommendations for clients and new business pitches. It is important to meet with vendors and stay relevant and on top of industry trends and options. It is essential to track closely with all campaigns to ensure that they are executed effectively and of the highest caliber while producing measurable and positive results for our clients – which is the ultimate accountability for the role.
Specifically, within each tactic and strategy, the following are key responsibilities that lie squarely on the ownership of the Digital Media Planner:
- Communicate with third-party vendor partners to facilitate, evaluate and negotiate program RFPs to align with client campaign goals.
- Negotiate firmly, but fairly, in order to get the most value out of a media buy for clients.
- Daily management of paid display and video media campaigns.
- Campaign budget management and pacing.
- Providing insight and analysis of campaign performance on scheduled and ad-hoc basis.
- Hands on planning, preparing, and delivering regular reporting, and other performance/ pitch elements for clients.
- Utilizing programmatic ad buys and optimization tools to maximize media efficiency.
- Tactical written and verbal communication with the client to complete daily tasks and dive into performance.
- Mapping, conducting, measuring, and implementing the results of A/B tests for ad copy, targeting, landing page variations, etc..
- Providing constructive feedback regarding landing page performance/ conversion rate optimization.
- Understand new and existing client needs and work with internal client services associates to build recommendations and pitch decks for presentation to client.
- Measuring and optimizing campaigns to improve performance and take action to improve results to ensure KPI goals are met.
- Act as a subject matter expert both internally and in front of clients.
- Proactively and independently leading, learning, sharing and providing the agency with subject matter expertise and industry trends.
- Providing guidance, support, and training to junior level internal resources.
- Leading vendor and tool evaluations, with strategic recommendations.
- Participating in the client pitch process to communicate agency expertise in this service provision.
- Help create the Defero positioning/story for all paid digital media going forward.
- Maintain knowledge of industry updates and new relevant trends.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS FOR THE DIGITAL MEDIA PLANNER INCLUDE:
- Always seek clarity. Ask questions.
- Strive to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrate organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practice effective project and resource time management.
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead or operate with a certain level of self-sufficiency.
- Maintain and grow your understanding of the digital programmatic landscape.
- Have prior experience with digital media buying, inclusive of adserving, trafficking, and reporting
- Drive yourself to be better at your chosen craft.
- Learn and master analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exude a consummate professionalism with clients, external partners and colleagues.
- Be a capable speaker in front of a group and lead conversations.
- Maintain a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture and contributes to its growth.
- Be a problem solver.
- Document time within Defero tracking systems.
- Be proficient and diligent with use of internal systems (Workamajig, Basecamp, Trello, etc).
- Travel to meet with clients when needed.