Paid Digital Media StrategistPosition: Paid Digital Media Strategist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, 4+1 schedule, future upward mobility and growth path
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, or 3-5 years experience in agency digital media management required (experience with high-touch platforms like paid search and paid social preferred)
As a Paid Digital Media Strategist at Defero you’ll dive head-first into digital media platforms to manage/optimize media spends across a variety of clients in different industries. In this position, you should have a clear understanding of the digital media landscape, while having deep knowledge in the channel(s) you specialize in.
Our paid digital media campaigns range from paid search, paid social, online native, display to video placements and range from small to large advertising budgets. We also manage organic search and SEO strategies for our clients, as applicable. You’ll be charged with being able to manage tracking and providing insight and analysis of campaign performance on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to align with client KPIs and success metrics across various accounts/channels.
To be successful in this role, you should have a solid understanding of media channels and tools, as well as analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. You may need to pivot and assist with paid social, paid/organic search and programmatic management and optimizations as needed and assigned.
Working at Defero requires you to be a team player and to always put the best interest of the client first. As a member of the media team you’ll be timely, responsive, flexible and accountable. Upon joining the team you’ll plug-and-play to hit the ground running.
- Maintains expertise across paid media platforms, including but not limited to paid search, paid social and/or programmatically placed media.
- Manages media spends to outlined budgets and ensures accuracy in all actions taken on a client’s behalf.
- Utilizes industry tools to build efficiencies into your work to help keep you focused on business outcomes, and constantly on the lookout for new strategic opportunities.
- Knowledgeable as it relates to marketing analytics platforms including Google Analytics and others that are comparable.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the standard KPIs for most marketing channels.
- Examens the details while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Practices critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Possesses statistical and analytical competency, and can effectively communicate outcomes to those less versed.
- Digests, retains and shares the latest industry news and applies it to client projects as applicable.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and always takes actions that are in the best interest of the client and Defero.
- Actively tries to improve and be better on behalf of the agency and client.
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams. Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective time management.
- Meets deadlines, expectations and the highest quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations. Has an ability to own the room when presenting on media-related topics.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or 3-5 years of media planning/buying experience across digital mediums
- Past agency experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of paid digital media.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple clients, projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a natural curiosity about digital media – early adopters wanted.
- Both an overarching strategizer and tactical implementer, both are key to this role.