Paid Social Media SpecialistPosition: Paid Social Media Specialist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental, Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, 4+1 schedule
Education: Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years experience in agency digital media management required (Paid Social - Facebook, IG, etc. required; SEM, Programmatic desired)
A Paid Digital Media Specialist at Defero helps support the paid media efforts across clients by developing, optimizing, analyzing, and communicating paid media strategies to achieve defined client goals. This person possesses an incredible attention to detail, as the majority of the role lies in outward execution of client deliverables.
As a result of the constant changes in the digital landscape, the Paid Digital Media Specialist works in a dynamic environment that requires them to be continually learning, fine-tuning their skills, and experimenting to discover how the industry is shifting. This role is responsible for developing, creating, and implementing paid campaigns on behalf of the agency’s clients. The Paid Media Specialist will manage paid media budgets, maintain proper pacing, and provide analysis and recommendations based on best practices. This role will also be charged with being able to provide insight and analysis of campaign performance on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to align with client KPIs and success metrics across various accounts/channels.
To be successful in this role, you should have a solid understanding of social media channels and tools, as well as analytics platforms like Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager. A basic understanding of SEM and Programmatic media is also a plus, though these skills can further develop over time.
Working at Defero requires you to be a team player and to always put the best interest of the client first. As a member of the media team you’ll be timely, responsive, flexible and accountable while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Understands and always takes actions that are in the best interest of the client and Defero.
- Actively tries to improve and be better on behalf of the agency and client.
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams.
- Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective time management.
- Meets deadlines, expectations and the highest quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations.
- Has an ability to own the room when presenting on media-related topics.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with 1-2 years of Paid Social Advertising at an agency
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple clients, projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a natural curiosity about digital marketing and paid media – early adopters wanted.
- Both an overarching strategizer and tactical implementer, both are key to this role.