SEO, CRO, Analytics SpecialistPosition: SEO, CRO, Analytics Specialist
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental, Vision, and matching 401k benefits, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holidays, automobile allowance, mobile phone allowance
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in a digital agency or client environment
This Specialist will lead and manage agency efforts related to SEO, CRO and Analytics for our clients. This role will guide the important elements of organic search and CRO ensuring we are leveraging up to date practices of both key services lines and ensuring we keep in constant alignment with our clients’ needs.
This role is also responsible for analyzing and incorporating data to guide client strategies and to meet performance goals. This individual possesses high strategic, analytical, organizational, and executional capabilities in the realms of organic search and conversion rate optimization.
Additionally, this individual will play a vital role in helping to carve our company strategies both in new and existing markets. Thus, this role requires a high level of energy, ongoing education, a desire to always be the best and a natural curiosity for what’s next. As a result of the daily changes in the search algorithms the SEO Specialist works in a dynamic environment that requires them to be continually learning, fine-tuning their skills, and experimenting to discover how the industry is shifting.
Strategically and tactically collaborate, drive and implement all organic search and conversion rate optimization strategies, plans, and tactics we deploy for our clients. Your full understanding of organic search and conversion rate optimization will be vital as we’ll lean on your expertise and analysis to help guide our forward-thinking efforts with clients that engage the agency for these services. The SEO Specialist will work in conjunction with the full media team to make strategic recommendations for clients and new business pitches.
Specifically, within each tactic and strategy, the following are key responsibilities that lie squarely on the ownership of the SEO Specialist:
- You will lead strategic and implementation of organic search and conversion rate optimization engagements and conversations for all clients.
- Lead SEO set-up and strategy for new site builds leveraging your past experience.
- Create landing page and site structure testing to increase client ROI
- Work with our third-party vendor partners to create scopes of work and project manage those efforts on behalf of the agency.
- Communicate with third-party vendor partners to negotiate, facilitate and evaluate freelance writing projects to align with client’s SEO goals. SEO Specialist to lead the strategy but can outsource certain executional elements (ex. writing of blog posts).
- Measure and optimize campaigns to improve performance and take action to improve results to ensure KPI goals are met.
- Providing insight and analysis performance on scheduled and ad-hoc basis.
- Utilizing available search and optimization tools to maximize performance efficiency.
- Hands on planning, preparing, and delivering regular reporting, and other performance elements for clients.
- Help create the Defero positioning/story for all organic search and CRO efforts going forward.
- Develop and execute CRO strategy for both organic and paid traffic.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE:
- Experience with Google and Bing’s services, including Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- The ability to work with back-end, technical SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Proven success in link building and off-page SEO.
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO.
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluation.
- Familiarity with the best tools of the trade (SEMrush, SpyFu, Screaming Frog, Moz, BrightEdge, etc.)
- Thorough, technical CMS familiarity. Understanding how to navigate the backend of a website (WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco)
- Ability to analyze data and translate it into strategic recommendations.
- Experience using CRO tools such as Optimizely, Google Optimize, HotJar, etc.
- An understanding of the UX/UI elements that help both SEO & CRO