Senior Copywriter & Content StrategistPosition: Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, Matching 401k benefit, 3 weeks PTO, Weekly Work-From-Home Day, Generous paid holiday schedule, Mobile phone allowance.
Education: BS in Marketing, Journalism or related field, 3-5 years of experience in industry or related field, 1+ year in Senior Copy & Content Strategist (or related) role; agency experience preferred.
The Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist role is an essential part of our creative team and process. We are looking for a creative writer, content strategist and marketer who will provide cohesive messaging and insights in branding, social media, email, landing pages, web content, video scripts, and more. The Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist must be a forward thinker who plays an active role in the brainstorming and creation of campaigns and brand messaging. They will be strong at adopting brand voices, proofreading, and writing copy consistent with established brand guidelines and tones.
A quality candidate balances modesty, humility, and the ability to work in teams, with the knowledge that they are a rock star. While a Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist may be deployed on specific tactics and executions, they should understand the role that the tactics themselves play in the overall strategy for the client. A Senior Copywriter & Content Strategist is a player-coach who guides and develops the content team while also producing high-level content and strategy for clients across the agency.
- Own, manage, develop, and guide, the content team.
- Research competitive brands and be able to identify areas of opportunity.
- Provide insightful thinking and strategy when it comes to brand positioning and messaging
- Lead social content strategy, brainstorming, and mapping.
- Create original and compelling copy for various mediums and industries.
- Dissect messaging and write in a variety of voices and tones.
- Conceptualize and brainstorm new, fresh content and campaign ideas.
- Collaborate with team of art directors, designers, paid media specialists, content strategist, account managers, and project managers.
- Digest, retain and share the latest industry news and apply it to client projects as necessary.
- Maintain a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture and contributes to its growth.
- Proofread copy to ensure work is grammatically correct and consistent with brand voice
- Present creative concepts to internal and external teams
- 3-5 years of experience in industry or related field; agency experience preferred
- 1+ year in Senior Copy & Content Strategist (or related) role
- BS in Marketing, BA in Journalism, English or related field
- Strong functional knowledge of various social media platforms
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding spelling and grammar skills
- Superb time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects amid tight deadlines