Senior Cross-Channel Digital Media StrategistPosition: Senior Cross-Channel Digital Media Strategist
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, 4+1 schedule, future upward mobility and growth path
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field, or 4+ years experience in agency digital media management required (experience with high-touch platforms like paid social and paid search required)
As a Sr. Cross-Channel Digital Media Strategist at Defero you’ll develop holistic media strategies for clients as well as dive in-platform to manage/optimize media spends when needed. In this position, you should have a clear understanding of the roles various paid and organic media channels play in driving success for clients and be able to make recommendations on rightsizing channels based on budgetary constraints. In addition to understanding the digital media landscape as a whole, you’ll also be expected to comfortably manage paid media spends in-platform and make strategic optimizations for our clients.
Our paid digital media campaigns range from paid search, paid social, online native, display to video placements and range from small to large advertising budgets. We also manage organic search and SEO strategies for our clients, as applicable. You’ll be charged with being able to establish/manage tracking and providing insight and analysis of campaign performance on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to align with client KPIs and success metrics across various accounts/channels.
You’re a digital media rockstar and can wear multiple hats. You can act as a media planner in that you can develop multi-channel media strategies with rationale as to why. You can act as a media buyer in that you know the ins and outs of the most common paid media platforms and can navigate them with ease. You can act as an analyst by leveraging tools like Google Analytics to not only track and report on client KPIs but to elevate their strategies. You’re a holistic digital marketing thinker and though you aren’t necessarily an active ‘doer’ across these digital marketing avenues, you understand the importance and roles of the following: email marketing, conversion rate optimization, creative, web development, etc.
Working at Defero requires you to be a team player and to always put the best interest of the client first. As a member of the media team you’ll be timely, responsive, flexible and accountable. Upon joining the team you’ll plug-and-play to hit the ground running!
- Maintains a high level of expertise across paid media platforms, including but not limited to paid social, paid search and programmatically placed media.
- Maintains the ability to develop holistic media strategies for clients, leveraging a variety of media platforms.
- Utilizes industry tools to build efficiencies into your work to help keep you focused on business outcomes, and constantly on the lookout for new strategic opportunities.
- Knowledgeable as it relates to marketing analytics platforms including Google Analytics and others that are comparable.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge of the standard KPIs for most marketing channels.
- Examens the details while not losing sight of the bigger picture.
- Practices critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Possesses statistical and analytical competency, and can effectively communicate outcomes to those less versed.
- Digests, retains and shares the latest industry news and applies it to client projects as applicable.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Understands and always takes actions that are in the best interest of the client and Defero.
- Actively tries to improve and be better on behalf of the agency and client.
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams. Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective time management.
- Meets deadlines, expectations and the highest quality assurance standards.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations. Has an ability to own the room when presenting on media-related topics.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or 4+ years of media planning/buying experience across digital mediums.
- Past agency experience required.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of paid digital media.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple clients, projects and tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a natural curiosity about digital media – early adopters wanted.
- Both an overarching strategizer and tactical implementer, both are key to this role.