Technical Project ManagerPosition: Technical Project Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental, Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, fulltime in-office position, Weekly work-from-home Fridays. Dynamic and fun work environment with room to grow in the position and beyond.
Education: 3+ years of experience in a project manager role in an agency or client environment. Must have managed full project lifecycle for website or other semi-technical build, from planning through to design/development and successful launch. 4 year degree preferred in Marketing or related field of study.
The Technical Project Manager will own all aspects of assigned projects of scale with a focus on the technical project implementations, which often involve systems integrations and many operational teams. The Technical Project Manager will drive the organization toward success as we deliver solutions that are on time, on budget and exceed client expectations.
While Defero has a project methodology that we use for projects of scale, this role involves tuning and directing internal process and documentation, resource management through “traffic”, facilitating company and client priorities, and other related duties to ensure the best interest of the project. The Project Manager works closely with the client and all internal departments to facilitate scheduled deliverables, ensure deadlines are set and achievable, and assess resource/client risk for contingency planning or additional communications/expectation settings with client.
The Technical Project Manager acts as the “glue in the middle” with an ability to understand business related needs and bridge the gap between business and technical solutions. This person will be able to own the room and lead the discussion from the onset of project discovery, then work with internal teams as the presentation and flow of a project involve client review and approval, on through successful testing and launch of the final deliverables.
- Works with all internal functional teams (Account Services, Development, Creative, Strategic Planning and Digital Strategy) to prioritize competing priorities and resource conflicts to achieve client goals
- High-level management of all project scheduling, Gantts and timelines, scope(s), budget and capacity planning for assigned projects
- Accountable for tracking and reporting of both time allocations and monetary budgets throughout the lifecycle of each project
- Works with Account Services, Strategic Planning, and clients at onset of projects to understand high-level goals to help drive efficient project planning, management and risk assessment
- Acts as “business consultant” where needed to collaboratively work through specific business and functional requirements of projects to ensure project outcomes meet client/project goals
- Holds weekly project check-ins with clients and Account Services to ensure projects are flowing on time and/or to address any project needs
- Holds weekly project check-ins with Development and Project Coordinators regarding the heavier development related projects and assist in facilitation
- Day-to-day project task management assistance as needed
- Runs initial client kick-off meetings and other client stand-ups related to the project
- Coordinates internal planning / mapping for projects
- Understands and always takes action within best interest of clients
- Manages eco partner (3rd party) sourcing and logistics when needed
- Provide insight on process improvements or resources/tools opportunities sourced naturally or as suggested by other departmental managers
- Continuously works with management to standardize internal workflow process and documentation to provide efficiency and scale to agency for both small and large projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional when working directly with clients or with internal teams – problem solver that can understand the request presented and work though solutions for optimal outcomes
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Impressive project and resource management skills
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to speak in front of a group and lead conversation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and with clients
- Knowledge of basic project financial management
- Ability to manage a diverse project load
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
- Ability to manage full lifecycle of digital agency projects (web development, full surround integrated campaigns, email campaigns, etc)