Project ManagerPosition: Project Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental, Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, fulltime in-office position, Weekly work-from-home Fridays. Dynamic and fun work environment with room to grow in the position and beyond.
Education: 1-2 years of experience in a project manager role in an agency or client environment. 4 year degree preferred in Marketing or related field of study.
The Project Manager will own all aspects of assigned projects of scale that involve many functional agency resources. The Project Manager will drive the organization toward success as we deliver solutions that are on time, on budget and exceed client expectations.
While Defero has a project methodology that we use for projects of scale, this role involves tuning and directing internal process and documentation, resource management through “traffic”, facilitating company and client priorities, and other related duties to ensure the best interest of the project. The Project Manager works closely with clients and all internal departments to facilitate scheduled deliverables, ensure deadlines are set and achievable, and assess resource/client risk for contingency planning or additional communications and/or expectation settings with client(s).
- Works with all functional teams (Client Services, Development, Creative, Media, Email, etc.) to prioritize competing priorities and resource conflicts to achieve client goals.
- High-level management of all assigned project scheduling, scope(s), budget and capacity planning for assigned projects.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting of both time allocations and monetary budgets throughout the lifecycle of each project.
- Works with Client Services and clients at onset of projects to understand high-level goals to help drive efficient project planning, management and risk assessment.
- Holds timely project check-ins with clients and/or Client Services to ensure projects are flowing on time and/or to address any project needs.
- Holds timely project check-ins with functional resources (e.g. Development) throughout the duration of a project to assist with project flow.
- Day-to-day project task management assistance as needed.
- Runs initial internal kick-off meetings and other client stand-ups related to the project(s).
- Coordinates internal planning / mapping for projects.
- Understands and always takes action with the best interest of our clients.
- Manages eco partner sourcing and logistics as appropriate.
- Provide insight on process improvements or resources/tools opportunities sourced naturally or as suggested by other departmental managers.
- Continuously works with management to standardize internal workflow processes and documentation to provide efficiency and scale to agency for both small and large projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional when working directly with clients or with internal teams – problem solver that can understand the request presented and work though solutions for optimal outcomes
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Impressive project and resource management skills
- Proven ability to multitask
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to speak in front of a group and lead conversation
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and with clients
- Knowledge of basic project financial management
- Ability to manage a diverse project load
- Recognize areas to increase efficiency and contribute solutions
- Ability to manage full lifecycle of digital agency projects (web development, full surround integrated campaigns, email campaigns, etc)